Saturday 26 January 2019

Corak Irama

I love teaching rhythm. So I decided to make myself a set of rhythm cards. Here’s the example of the rhythm cards made. All you need is a printer, coloured papers, scissors, laminating machine, mini whiteboard, & a whiteboard marker.





 So I decided to print 4 sets in 4 different colours. 1 group 1 colour. It will be easier for us to differentiate the groups with colours. It can be any colour. Totally up to you.




Next will be the mini whiteboard. I got them from Mr. DIY. I got these bags from Mr. DIY too. Its cheap & reasonable. Don’t forget to lable the group numbers at the bag.




This will be the content of the bag. It consists of time signature, clefs, & notes of quavers, crochets, minims, semibreves, & crochet rests.


This is an example of my students using the mini whitebord. They are asked to create a pattern of rhythm by writing them using the whiteboard.


Here is another example of rhythms by my students. There are a few ways carrying out rhythm activities.

Rhythm activities:
1. Teacher claps a rhythm. Students clap back.
2. Teacher claps a rhythm. Students arrange the cards.
3. Teacher says out a rhythm. Students arrange the cards.
4. Students are asked to create themselves rhythms.








No comments:

Post a Comment