Saturday 26 January 2019

Jejak Kompang

Interested in learning & teaching kompang? Here is a book I would love to share with you. It is written by my ex music teacher back in Perak. 

‘Jejak Kompang’ by En Amin Nudin & En Baharul Anuar
This book is written by En Amin Nudin bin Abdul Rahman & En Baharul Anuar bin Omar. They are both music educators from Perak. Both are retired but still active in going around Malaysia and providing kompang courses for teachers & students.

This book is suitable for beginners. There are scores from various Malaysian rhythms such as ‘Masri’, ‘Inang’, & ‘Zapin’. There is also the score for ‘perarakan’ which is usually being played at weddings and official events.

A CD of a video performed by a group of school children is also provided.

If you are interested in getting this book, do not hesitated to ask me. Sadly I can’t give it for free because it is not writen by me. But you can order it through me. It costs RM20.00 without postage. You may e-mail at musicteacherkingnadiah@gmail.com or whatsapp me at 0125455120. 

Never let our tradition die. Let our children know the beauty of traditional music. Let it be passed down to our coming generations. Lets do it for the love of music.

No comments:

Post a Comment